Easy Payment Choices
The Township of North Kawartha uses a secure, third-party online credit card payment service called Paymentus. You can pay your bill any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, using your MasterCard or VISA.
Paymentus will charge a 2.5% service fee for each transaction.
To pay online with a credit card, please click the Paymentus button below. You will be redirected to the Paymentus Online Tax Payment System site.
If you wish to pay by credit card over the phone, you can use the secure, automated telephone payment system, also powered by Paymentus Corporation. 1-844-293-2299
What You'll Need
In order to make your payment online or over the phone, you'll need:
- Your property assessment roll number, found in the upper left-hand corner of your tax bill.
- The balance owed on your bill.
- Your credit card number, including security code on the back of the card.
- An email address to receive an electronic confirmation of your transaction
Pre-Authorized Payment Plans
Your payment will always be on time with this convenient way of paying your taxes monthly. With your authorization, the Township will automatically deduct your payment from the bank account of your choice. The Pre-authorized Payment Form must be completed with a void cheque attached. You have the option of 10 monthly payments withdrawn on the 15th or 27th of each month from January to October, or 4 times per year on the tax installment due dates.
Through Your Banking Institution
- By Teller - You can pay your tax bill at most financial institutions. The remittance stub must accompany payment. Service charges may apply.
- By Automated Teller Machine (ATM) - The remittance stub must accompany payment. Service charges may apply.
- Internet Banking - Search under "North Kawartha" in your bank's payee listing to set up your account. Your account number will be your 19 digit Property Roll Number minus the four zeros at the end (be sure to include the prefix "1536" to the beginning of your account number). If you are paying for more than one property, please use the corresponding property roll numbers as account numbers and enter each payment separately.
- By Telephone - The Township has agreements with the following financial institutions for Telephone Banking:
- Royal Bank (Royal Direct)
- Scotia Bank (Telescotia)
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD Access) / Canada Trust Bank
- CIBC (CIBC Telephone Payment)
- Credit Unions
- The Bank of Montreal
- HSBC Bank
Cheque or Money Order by Mail (Including Post Dated Cheques)
Send to :
Township of North Kawartha
P.O. Box 550
Please send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) if you would like a receipt for your tax payment.
At the Township Office
Payment by cash, cheque or debit card is accepted in our office. For convenient after-hours payments there is a mail slot located to the right of the front entrance to the Township office.
Property owners are responsible for payment of property taxes regardless of whether a tax notice is received. The onus is on the property owner to know the status of their taxes at all times.