Once you complete your burn permit ensure you print a copy for yourself. Email your completed Burn Permit to
Burn permits are required for all open air burning in the Municipality of North Kawartha. This includes campfires of any size and brush burning.
Download the Burn Permit
If you are unable to complete the burn permit online you must attend an issuing location (listed at the bottom of this page) to complete a burn permit in person.
If you have any difficulties submitting your burn permit you may scan and email a copy to the above email address or fax a copy to 705-656-4446.
Please do not send questions or enquiries to the above email address as it is used only for receiving Burn Permits and is a 'no reply' email.
The following is not permitted:
- Burn barrels
- Burning of grass or leaves
- Burning of garbage or hazardous to the environment materials
- Burning during the daytime ( 8 AM until 6 PM) from April 1 until October 31
Consult the Open Air Burning Bylaw for a complete list of all the rules related to open air burning.
View the Open Air Burning By-Law
You can visit one of the following locations during operating hours to obtain a burn permit in person:
- Woodview General Store, 6220 Highway 28, Woodview
- Anstruther Marina, 23 Fire Route 63, Anstruther Lake
- Municipal Office, 280 Burleigh Street, Apsley
- Eels Lake Marina, 807 Eels Lake Road, Eels Lake