Our beaches are natural beaches and are unsupervised, meaning there are no lifeguards. For the safety and betterment of all users, please adhere to the following:
- Swim at your own risk. We highly recommend that all children be supervised, for their safety.
- No boats (including launching or docking) inside the buoyed area.
- No diving off the swim raft.
- No drugs or alcoholic beverages.
- No dogs/pets allowed (By-law #41/01).
- No littering (By-law #51/98).
- No household garbage permitted (By-law #59/99).
- No open fires or cooking.
- No camping or overnight parking. (Beaches are patrolled by the O.P.P. during evening hours).
Please report any deficiencies to 705-656-4922.
The Peterborough Public Health website has lots of valuable information pertaining to swimming and public beaches, including current test results.
Chandos Beach is located at 2821 County Road 620, Apsley, ON K0L 1A0, about 15 minutes north of Apsley.
- Large, grassy, picnic area
- Roped-off swim area
- Swim Raft
- Washrooms and change rooms
- Boat launch area nearby
- Swim lessons
Quarry Bay Beach
Quarry Bay Beach is located at 1986 Northey's Bay Road, Woodview, ON K0L 3E0, 11 km from Highway 28.
In addition to the rules listed above, it should also be noted that Quarry Bay Beach is located between privately-owned, waterfront properties. Respect must be shown for these neighbours, and trespassing on these properties is strictly prohibited.