For each term of Council, citizens are appointed by Council to various Committees and Boards. If you are interested in joining one of our Boards and Committees, please contact us for more information.
There are two Municipal Service Boards:
- Library Board (made up of two Council members and three public members)
- Police Services Board (made up of the Mayor or designate, one public member and one provincial member)
There is one Planning Committee:
Other committees with Council representation or liaison are:
- Kawartha Highlands Signature Site Committee
- North Kawartha Community Policing Committee
- Source Water Protection Authority Committee
- Source Water Protection Municipal Sub-Committee
- North Kawartha Community Policing
Community representatives are appointed through a selection process at the beginning of the term of Council, which is 4 years and to fill vacancies as necessary.
Committees may be established, revised, disbanded and replaced by Council.
The Mayor, as Head of Council, is an ex-officio member of all Township committees where not prohibited by law and has full voting privileges when in attendance at any meeting.