Building Inspector/By-Law Enforcement Officer
The Corporation of the Township of North Kawartha Building Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Building Inspector/By-Law Enforcement Officer. Reporting to the Chief Building Official, the Building Inspector/By-Law Enforcement Officer will inspect buildings under construction to ensure compliance with the Ontario Building Code Act (OBCA), its regulations and all other applicable legislation. The Building Inspector/By-Law Enforcement Officer will enforce by-laws and acts as By-Law Enforcement Officer.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following experience:
- Five years related experience which includes at least two years performing municipal building inspections and reviewing permit applications for Parts 3 and 9 Buildings, Part 8 Sewage and Part 7, Plumbing
- Formal academic training in Architectural/Civil engineering or equivalent or construction technology or equivalent trade
- Successful completion or be willing to obtain qualification examinations administered by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing including general legal; house, small buildings, plumbing all buildings, large buildings, building services, building structural and on-site sewage
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code with an emphasis on residential buildings, HVAC, plumbing systems and sewage/waste disposal systems
- Shall be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings
- Hold a valid G drivers license
- Have experience with various computer programs including MS Office suite
This is a 40 hours/week full time position with the possibility of advancement. Compensation for this position will commensurate with education and experience.
Interested applicants may submit their resume, including references, in confidence to:
Alana Solman, C.A.O
Township of North Kawartha
P.O. Box 550, 280 Burleigh Street
Apsley, ON. K0L 1A0
Fax: 705-656-4446 E-Mail:
Applications clearly marked "Application- Building Inspector/By-Law Enforcement Officer" may be submitted on or before Friday, April 7th, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. via mail, in person, Fax or Email.
Complete job descriptions are available on the Township’s Website, www.northkawartha.on.ca, or by contacting the Township Office at (705) 656-4445 or 1-800-755-6931 (ext. 236) or by email: email@example.com.
The Township of North Kawartha is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to recognizing and celebrating the diversity of opinion, talent and expertise that makes each person unique. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at (705)656-4445 or 1-800-755-6931 Ext 236. Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to contact Alana Solman, Chief Administrative Officer (Human Resources).
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection.